Freudian Slips: Circle Talk

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

June 15, 2006

Circle Talk

The annals of work took me to a home of a client whom I had not met before. Not familiar with my destination, I kept my directions close to my vest since I have been known to get lost going to the commode. I placed an invisible checkmark next to each step of the directions in my crowded head. Pass the firehouse. Check. Pass the blinking light. Check. Pass the railroad tracks. Check. Pass a bank on my right. Check. Turn left into the Aloha Farms development. Check. When you can’t go straight make a right or a left. Check. Look for the only boat in the neighborhood. It’s a big Betsy parked in the double padded driveway. You can’t miss it. The housing development shone gorgeous although oddly situated in one looping circle comprising about 300 spacious homes. I had plenty of time to admire my surroundings since I steered my car around that circle three times before I saw my landmark. I finally saw a boat that I swear was not docked on my last two passes around the circle. Checkmate! Any bigger of a boat and it would be an injustice not to call it a schooner. I exited the car throwing my briefcase backpack over one shoulder and my laptop computer over the other. I hustled to the front door a few minutes late of my appointment time.
After the sound of footsteps cascading in the foyer, the door swung open. A woman greeted me with a smile. “Joe, I presume. Were my directions okay? I was expecting you earlier.”
I replied, “Your directions were flawless. I was bad. You see people say I miss the boat all the time. Today is no exception.”

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Guess you would have gotten there schooner if your watchful eye hadn't been so afloat.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Hag,
gotten there schooner. that is priceless.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us