Freudian Slips: The Am in Lamb Chops

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

March 12, 2006

The Am in Lamb Chops

"I don’t agree with killing little baby animals, but this sure is delicious!” spouted my son after tasting my lamb chops.

LAMB CHOPS
by Joe Tornatore
INGREDIENTS:
¼ cup of Marsala wine,¼ cup of white cooking wine
½ cup of crushed Italian or Caesar croutons, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary spice, 1 tomato, 1 small onion, 4 cloves of garlic, ¼ cup of steak sauce, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, salt and black pepper to taste
Pour both wines into bottom of a large casserole dish. Using a fork, wet both sides of lamb chops in the wine. Set aside. In a food processor, combine rest of ingredients to form a paste topping. Coat top of each lamb chop with topping.
Cook at 375 degrees in the oven for 60 minutes.
Makes 6 lamb chops.
Works great with wild rice and fresh cranberries as a side dish.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story, Joe! This post brings back memories!!! Many eons ago, I made a delicious dinner which included a leg of lamb. Among my guests were two young ladies, (friends of my sons) who gasped and voiced their objections to eating a defenseless, pretty, little lamb. They droned on and on about the attributes of the little lamb with fleece as white as snow. (Or was that feet as white as snow?) I never could get that line right! Well, anyway, I told them, “not to worry, I picked out the ugliest little lamb in the world; there was nothing pretty about this lamb, not even its mother wanted it!” But, this did not allay their aversion to consuming Mary’s little lamb of nursery rhyme fame.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Et,
Mary had a litle lamb but only until she got hungry.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a story but about a deer. My mom was working and I had gotten home from high school and I was starving. I saw six "LITTLE" pork chops in the fridge. I breaded them, fried them and they were the best pork chops I had ever eaten. I called my mom at work and told her how good they were and she was quiet for a minute. She asked me if I ate all of them and I said yes they were really little and I was hungry. She told me I had eaten Bambi and I almost died. They were given to my mom because she had never tasted deer meat and wanted to try it. Until the day mom died she never got to taste deer meat.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Catherine Mary,
Oh deer! great commentary. You and Et should start your own blogs. lol.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking the same thing. I would start a blog but don't know how and who would come to it anyway. Only family and friends I guess. EM should start a blog. She has a lot to say.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, I just realized, life is my blog. Love ya

2:48 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

catherine mary,
blog. blog. blog. lol

9:04 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I will gladly come to see Catherine Mary's blog should she decide to start one.
Don't be a chicken (or a deer for that matter) ... it's not so hard to do and there are lots of people around to help you out in setting it up. Just ask Joe ... he'll be more than happy to help you. Right Joe?
:)

I don't eat lamb, but I totally misunderstood when my mom sang that tune to me in grade school.

MOM: Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb ...
Haglette: That's what she got for sleeping in the barn!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weary Hag, LOL

12:16 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Hag,
Actually, I struggled mightily setting up this blog.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

The sound delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us