Freudian Slips: Crash Test Dummy

Freudian SlipsImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

LOOSE LIPS LINK FREUDIAN SLIPS

My Photo
Name:
Location: Irony, New Jersey, United States

Life takes us many places. It's a box of chocolates and a Hansel and Gretal trail of candy wrappers. I have filmed as an actor in The Happening, Invincible, The Lovely Bones, The Bounty Hunter, The Greek American, Bazookas, Limitless, TV's Its Always Sunny in Philly, Outlaw, New York, The Warrior, The Nail, Game Change, Cold Case, & commercial work includes The Philadelphia Eagles, Septa, Coors, Turbo Tax & Carnival Cruises. Freudian Slips spotlights irony in short story format.

August 17, 2005

Crash Test Dummy

It was a wise man who said news is conversation. Let's talk. Daniel Rubin, a saucy reporter for the Philadelphia Inquirer, made my blog Freudian Slips news. Rubin read my August 14, 2005 blog post called On the Set of Invincible and wrote about it as a lead story. He reprinted an accurate quote and wrote a summary of my experiences filming as a fan in the sports movie called Invincible. Rubin held onto my every word for he posted my exact word count of 2,273. A word to the wise man, the reference to the word count should have counted for more than the words it did. Rubin proceeded to lampoon me as if I were the only surviving crash test dummy at an automobile accident. The jab did nothing to deflate my confidence as a storyteller or actor and it had its merits in humor. While extra press for being an extra is extraordinary, allow me to set the record straight with some extra credit.
On a movie set full of dawdling newspaper reporters, many extras chose to hangout with the dummies. Unlike reporters who fancy themselves with the last word, dummies don’t talk back and they have yet to take anything out of context. During breaks in the filming of the movie, I had ample opportunity to sit next to reporters but I preferred the company of dummies. I have never ordered a grilled Rubin sandwich in my life.
If Daniel Rubin returns to my blog, I hope he can take a joke as far as he promoted this one. Laughter allows life to pass by even in the Blinq of an eye.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Pax Romano said...

Mr. Rubin seems to enjoy critiquing blogs ... would that any of us could get paid for being so sardonic!

Stick to BLT's, they are much better for you.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Rob Seifert said...

Roast'im Joe!

RCS

2:20 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Pax,
Sounds like you are speaking from personal experience.

Robert,
I'm opening up the marshmellows.

7:56 AM  
Blogger That Dude said...

Dude, cmon, think of it this way, I never would've known or read your blog otherwise. In fact, I pimped it on my site yesterday.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

Dude,
i don't know whether to thank you or not for pimping me. lol. visit again.

Video X,
In a far far away galaxy there existed a writer who published a punnery....

8:18 PM  
Blogger Joe Tornatore said...

lilly,
the dummies were the weenies.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us